Backup Files - Discover what, how and when - An expert interviewed, explains

เขียนโดย mamiya | 00:45

If something happens and you never need to restore the data to make it as painless as possible. It will help if you are not only the means to your data (external hard drive, flash drive, sometimes online), but also have a plan to know what the backup and when.

I admit I'm a bit 'anal to back up my data. Whatever is on my computer, my life, and I do not want to lose 10 years worth of business, if in the event of a disaster. Plus, I sleep better at night because I had time to implement my plan. Many people wait until it is too late.

Try these suggestions from my plan to boost sales.

My Documents folder:
My two main business directory are classified into categories, then separated into smaller subcategories. Keeping these issues together makes it easier to return nothing (and everything that I need to find later). This is the backup to my external> Hard drive automatically every day, 4-GB flash drive, on-line and every Sunday morning.

The files of Outlook:
You can include a backup of your Outlook contacts, e-mail, calendar, tasks. (See my post on backing up Outlook. The way to Outlook files in C: \ Documents and Settings Peggy Duncan Local Settings Application Data Microsoft Outlook). You must back up the Outlook.pst file.) This is the backup on my external hard driveautomatically every day, 4 GB flash drive, on-line and every Sunday morning.

Models
If you do any originals (with l '. Dot. Xl. PPT) extensions are automatically stored outside the structure of "My Documents" (I do it in C: \ Documents and Settings Application Data Microsoft Peggy Duncan models). I have my favorites for this item, so it would be easy to remember. To find out where to store the templates in Word, click the Tools menu, Options,File Paths Tab Double click the point that models user. The models are for backup on my external hard drive automatically every day, 4GB flash drive, on-line and every Sunday morning, when I created new ones.

Programs Downloads:
These are the various applications I have bought or downloaded for free. I have the CD. Instead of saving them in the Applications folder, I put them in a separate folder called "MyDownloaded programs. If I need to recover the files on my computer, I do not remember where I downloaded the. This must be backed up on my external hard drive automatically every day, 4 GB flash drive, on-line and every Sunday morning, when I have more added.

Vital statistics:
These are all the files, if you lose, it's over. For me it's files for all the books I wrote. I believe that this outside of my core business and folders from my computer because the files are so large. This must be backed up on my external hard drive automatically every day, 4 GB flash drive, on-line and every Sunday morning, when I have something updated.

Quickbook (bank and file):
Every time I QuickBooks and update, once again I do on my hard drive and 4 GB thumb drive. Online backups every Sunday morning, and backup to external hard drive> Hard Drive is automatically every day.

Favorites.
I bookmarked some great sites and do not want to miss the easy access. I'm back on my 4GB flash drive, and are automatically backed up, my external hard drive every day. To find out where to store your favorites, you can double-click My Computer, double-click the C: drive, double-click Documents and Settings, double-click the folder with your user name. Please consult your favorites Folder.

Images.
The images that I use on my site are secure web server. All others will be saved in the My Pictures, which are automatically backed up on my external hard drive every day, and on-line guaranteed every Sunday, when I have more added.

Special projects.
I'm working on my family tree with Family Tree Maker software. These files are automatically backed up, my external hard drive> Drive every day, and secure online every Sunday morning, when I've made any changes.

Make life easier, and recovery of data is one thing less worry. If I do not think you have time to address this is now, as we find time to relax after?

See Also : Travel Tour Guides 50 inch LCD TV

0 ความคิดเห็น